Dr Colin Fyfe.
Tel: (0) 141 848 3305
Fax: (0) 141 848 3542
and Visiting Researcher to Admirable Group at the Universidad
de Burgos, Spain
1995 PhD. "Negative
Feedback as an Organising Principle for Artificial Neural Networks ",
University of Strathclyde
1992 M.Ed. (Educational Management),University of Glasgow.
1991 M.Sc. (Information Technology) , University of Strathclyde.
1990 Mid-life crisis, University of Life.
1971 B.Sc. 2.2 (Mathematics) , University of Glasgow.
Artificial Neural Networks, Genetic Algorithms, Artificial
Life, Artificial Immune Systems
nearly up to date cv
the following PhD projects:
- Jigang Sun :
Multidimensional Scaling and Self organising Maps with Bregman
- Xiaochuan Wu: Clustering,
reinforcement learning and Bregman divergences
- Lidia Wojtowicz:
Reinforcement learning and languages
- Xi Wang: Bregman divergences and projection methods.
- Dr. Mark Girolami , 1998 :Independent Component Analysis
- Dr. Darryl Charles , 1999 :
- Dr. Juan Corchado , 1999 :
case based reasoning, hybrid systems
- Dr. Stephen McGlinchey, 2000 : topology preserving maps
- Dr. Pei Ling Lai , 2000 :
canonical correlation analysis
- Dr. Shang-Jen (David) Chuang
, 2001 : forecasting
- Dr. Donald MacDonald, 2001
: Remote sensed image analysis
- Dr. Emilio Corchado,
(Universidad de Salamanca), 2002 : Maximum/Minimum Likelihood Hebbian learning
- Dr. Douglas Wang, 2002:
evolution of cooperation
- Dr. Jos
Koetsier, 2003 : Contextual learning
- Dr. Zhen Kun Gou, 2003 :
Canonical Correlations and Kernel Mappings
- Dr. Danny Livingstone, 2003
: evolution of communication
- Dr. Ying (Hannah) Han, 2004
: Time Series Analysis
- Dr. Lina
Petrakieva, 2004 : Combining supervised and
- Dr. Cesar Garcia Osorio,
2005: Data mining and visualization
- Dr. Marian Pena, 2007 :
Topology preserving mappings
- Dr. Wesam Barbakh , 2008 : clustering and topology preservation.
- Dr. Gayle Leen, 2008 :
Probabilistic modelling of Contextual Information
- Dr. Ying Wu, 2008 :
projection methods using reinforcement learning, cross entropy and
artificial immune systems
- Dr. Benoit Chaperot , 2010:
Computational Intelligence in Computer Games
I was second
- Dr Dymitr
Ruta, 2003: combining classifiers
- Dr Jinsong Leng, (University
of South Australia),
2008: Reinforcement learning in computer games
- Dr David Becerra Alonso,
2010: Deterministic Chaos in Malkus' Waterwheel.
- Dr Steve Thatcher, (University of South Australia) 2010 : Agents and
2010 conference will take place from 1st to 3rd September 2010.